torsdag 4 augusti 2011

Best of Please Kill Me del 1

Lånade "Please Kill Me - the Uncensored History of Punk" av B. Den är tjock och jag kommer antagligen inte läsa ut den (jag läste den för några år sedan) men har krafsat ner några citat jag gillar.

"Scott Asheton:-Iggy had shaved off his eyebrows. We had a friend named Jim Pop who had a nervous condition and had lost all his hair, including his eyebrows. So when Iggy shaved his eyebrows we started calling him Pop. It was real hot in the Ballroom that night and Iggy started sweating, and then he reslized what you need eyebrows for. By the end of the set. his eyes were totally swollen because of all that oil and glitter."

"Ed Sanders: - The culture out of which punk arose reminds of the Berthold Brecht opera The Rise and Fall of the City of Mahogny, where you can do anything you want if you got money, but if you don´t have money, you´re a criminal, you´re scum, and you´re a puke. And the milieu out of which punk arose also reminds me of the Blade Runner movie set - the kind of life-style where it´s gritty, ominious, the drums of doom, only you don´t know if they´re the drums of doom or somebody´s song. But there´s always the drums underneath it all, drumming."

"Lee Childers: -The Heartbreakers and I were at Caroline Coon´s house for dinner. (...) Caroline was having the Christmas pudding in her beasement (...) and so they had just set it on fire and everyone was standing around waiting for it to burn before they served it. And I heard Jim reeves drifting down through the stairwell singing...Jim ´Reeves´songs.
Who´s Jim Reeves? Oh you little rock & roll neophytes! Jim Reeves was one of the great country singers of all time, killed in a plane crash in 1964. He sang, "Put your sweet lips to the phone./Tell your friend you´ve got there with you, you´ve got to go."
And I began to cry, like I´m crying now, because I´m a real pushover for memory. So i walk up the stairs to the second floor (..) and there was this little guy, just sitting there crying. So I sat down opposite him. And I cried too.
And when the song was over, I said, "I can´t tell you what that meant to me, because I´m from Kentucky, and I know my family is listening to Jim Reeves right now. Hi. I´m Lee Childers. "
And he said, "Hi. I´m Sid Vicious."

Inga kommentarer: